Press release: High Level Speakers to lead ITU Telecom World Forum discussions on importance of collaboration for digital growth
Representatives from different continents and sectors will spark global debate
Geneva, 22 July 2016 – Speakers from governments and industry from around the world will provide contrasting perspectives on the theme of “Collaborating in the Digital Economy” at this year’s ITU Telecom World event.
The annual meeting of global leaders in information technology will be held on 14-17 November in Bangkok, Thailand.
Current confirmed speakers include:
- Shamshad Akhtar, Executive Secretary of The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP)
- Adam Boni Tessi, President, Haute Autorite de L’audiovisuel et de La Communication (HAAC), Benin
- Yuji Inoue, Chairman, Toyota Info Technology Center, Japan
- Dongmyun Lee, Chief Technology Officer, KT Corporation (Korea Telecom)
- Vladica Tintor, Director, Regulatory Agency for Electronic Communications and Postal Services (RATEL), Serbia
- Syed Ismail Shah, Chairman, Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, Pakistan
The Leadership Summit will kick off the event, bringing together public and private sector leaders who will explore the reasons why working together is crucial for growth in the digital economy. Subsequent Telecom World sessions will explore topics key to the future of telecommunications and development, including 5G, collaborative regulation, the connected car, smart sustainable cities, fostering SME innovation, digital financial services and more.
For full text see: http://www.itu.int/en/mediacentre/Pages/2016-PR31.aspx