Launch of ‘Geneva Group’ Association of ‘Women in Aerospace Europe’ (WIA-E)
”Geneva Group” of the International networking association Women in Aerospace Europe
(In association with: UniGe EMBA + WIA Europe + ITU)
Venue: Université de Genève – Uni mail, Bd. Du Pont – d’Arve 40 – CH-1205 Geneva, Switzerland
A group of women engineers from the ITU Radiocommunication Bureau, Space Service Department have initiated the creation of a local group, named ”Geneva Group” of the International networking association Women in Aerospace Europe (WIA-E).
On 12 November 2015 the WIA-E Geneva Group will be officially launched.
For the inauguration event, the actors of the space sector and entrepreneurs will be brought together in an interactive panel discussion with the theme “Space Entrepeneurship, How is space conquered today? ” in a partnership with a new association of the Alumni of the MBA of the University of Geneva.
Prominent speakers who will share their experience are:
- Volker Gass, Director, Swiss Space Center at Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Daria Lopez Allegria, Founder of Space Bridges, Geneva, Switzerland
- Julian Harris, Chief Technical Officer, ELSE SA, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Patricia Cooper, Vice President of satellite government affairs, SpaceX, USA
- Whitney Lohmeyer, Communications Systems/Regulatory Engineer, OneWeb
- Ntorina Antoni, Space Lawyer – S3, Lausanne, Switzerland
The panel discussion will be followed by a Questions & Answers session and concluded by a Networking Cocktail.
Interested public is kindly invited. The event is free, but seats are limited. Please register at https://goo.gl/Q2g2ow
The network “Women in Aerospace – Europe” has more than 400 members all over Europe and is supported by ESA, DLR, Airbus D&S, Thales Alenia, SES Astra and many smaller space companies and organizations.
Follow WIA-E on Facebook