ITU CWG-Internet launches Open Consultation on “Building an enabling environment for access to the Internet”
ITU’s Council Working Group on international Internet-related public policy issues (CWG-Internet) has launched an open consultation- both online and physical- on the following topic:
“Building an enabling environment for access to the Internet
- What are the elements of an enabling environment to promote Internet connectivity?
- What are the elements of an enabling environment to promote an affordable Internet?
- What are the elements of an enabling environment to promote the quality of access to the Internet?
- What are the elements of an enabling environment to build confidence and security in the use of the Internet?
- What is the role of Governments in building an enabling environment?”
You are invited to submit your views to the online open consultation by 11 September 2016, through the following link: http://www.itu.int/en/council/cwg-internet/Pages/consultation-feb2016.aspx , where you can also find important information and instructions on the submission process.
This online open consultation will be followed by a physical open consultation meeting to be held on 11 October 2016 at the ITU Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. During this physical meeting, respondents to the online consultation will have the opportunity to present their submitted views and to have a fruitful discussion with the other participants, including members of the CWG-Internet.
For further details on the physical meeting you are advised to visit regularly the following webpage: http://www.itu.int/en/council/cwg-internet/Pages/open-consultations.aspx
For more information on the work of the CWG-Internet, please visit the ITU website: http://www.itu.int/en/council/cwg-internet/Pages/default.aspx