ITU CWG-Internet launches Open Consultation on the topic of “Public Policy considerations for OTTs”
ITU’s Council Working Group on international Internet-related public policy issues (CWG-Internet) has launched an open consultation- both online and physical- on the following topic:
“Public Policy considerations for OTTs
Considering the rapid development of information and communications technology (ICT) which led to the advent of Internet-based services commonly known as “over-the-top” (hereafter: OTT), all stakeholders are invited to submit their inputs on the following key aspects from policy perspective:
- What are the opportunities and implications associated with OTT?
- What are the policy and regulatory matters associated with OTT?
- How do the OTT players and other stakeholders offering app services contribute in aspects related to security, safety and privacy of the consumer?
- What approaches might be considered regarding OTT to help the creation of environment in which all stakeholders are able to prosper and thrive?
- How can OTT players and operators best cooperate at local and international level? Are there model partnership agreements that could be developed?”
You are invited to submit your views to the online open consultation by 19 August 2017, through the following link: http://www.itu.int/en/council/cwg-internet/Pages/consultation-june2017.aspx , where you can also find important information and instructions on the submission process.
This online open consultation will be followed by a physical open consultation meeting to be held on 18 September 2017 at the ITU Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. During this physical meeting, respondents to the online consultation will have the opportunity to present their submitted views and to have a fruitful discussion with the other participants, including members of the CWG-Internet.
For further details on the physical meeting you are advised to visit regularly the following webpage: http://www.itu.int/en/council/cwg-internet/Pages/open-consultations.aspx
For more information on the work of the CWG-Internet, please visit the ITU website: http://www.itu.int/en/council/cwg-internet/Pages/default.aspx